THE FOUNDERS OF SHEPHERDS FIELD:
Gerrie Cronje, together with his wife, Susan and daughter René established Shepherd’s Field Rehabilitation Centre. Oom Gerrie’s vision was at first to establish a Kibbutz for destitute people, however, every single resident had an addiction problem. Clearly, the need for intervention with regards to recovery was needed.
Coming from a military background and many years of service on the Provincial Substance Abuse Forum in Port Elizabeth he has always felt the calling to help those in need. As an ordained pastor and a true follower of The Lord, he has made a great impact on the lives of many people caught in the grip of addiction.
Their belief that all people, even those that society has rejected because of their addictions, are just as important as those referred to as “normal” in the eyes of society. Oom Gerrie & Tannie Susan believes in the greater good of all mankind and is true humanitarians at heart. Giving someone a second chance and not judging any of past mistakes the Centre provides service users with a family & father-figure that most of them have lacked in their lives.
The Shepherd’s Field family contributes immensely towards the recovery of people from all over the country, caught in the grips of drug addiction.
The VISION of Shepherd’s Field Rehabilitation Centre is:
- To effectively rebuild lives that were destroyed by substance dependency.
- Regain & rebuild the trust that was lost through substance abuse.
- Be actively involved in drug awareness projects within the community.
The Mission of Shepherd’s Field Rehabilitation Centre that accomplishes this vision is:
- To provide specialised rehabilitation treatment services to all people.
- To provide accessible rehabilitation treatment services to all people.
- To provide affordable rehabilitation treatment services to all people.
- To establish and continually develop a balanced and effective rehabilitation program that will achieve maximum success.
- To enhance the quality of life and restore the self-respect and dignity of persons affected by substance dependency.
- To consistently remain on the cutting-edge of knowledge regarding rehabilitation and treatment.
- To make available specialised knowledge and services to interested parties.
- To affiliate with other bodies that have a similar mission.
- To encourage accreditation to governing authorities and consistent compliance with regulations.
Practice No: 047261793
014 – 581 N.P.O.